Why Every Small Business Needs a Professional Website
Having A Website For Your Business Is More Important Than Ever In 2019.
Gone are the days when quality products and customers service were the only ingredients to a successful business. While they still remain as the main keys, the online presence of a business has become the differentiating factor. In many cases, it can be the difference between success and failure.
Consumers have begun to determine the credibility of a business by its online activity and interaction. Even if a customer has only begun to consider you, the first thing they will do is go online and check you out. Thus simply acquiring customer consideration has become a lot more challenging. Let alone the customer themselves.
Consumers have unlimited options for any given product. Traditional sales gimmicks no longer suffice. Although they may prove effective in the short term, it is not a viable long term solution. If your business doesn’t have a website, customers will undoubtedly question your credibility.
Due to the exponential growth of the internet in such a short period of time, consumers have started to expect that everything must be provided with the click of a mouse. The majority of businesses of all sizes have a professional website. As a result, almost all products and services are available online. Nearly any product on earth can be delivered to your door in 36 hours or less. Unfathomable just a few short years ago.
The Internet Has Eliminated Countless Obstacles Restricting Small Business Owners. For Example:
- Significant expansion in customer reach
- Less Leg Work – It is far easier to get your product or service in front of larger audiences.
- Significantly Lower Advertising & Marketing Costs
One of the main areas that have been alleviated is customer reach. Internet marketing has enabled small business owners to reach potential clientele faster and at a larger scale than ever before. In addition to customer reach, advertising costs have dropped significantly. Allowing small business owners to compete more effectively with big box stores and larger retailers. Though all of this may sound fantastic, it has proven to be an ongoing nightmare for the small business.
While the difficulty associated with acquiring and maintaining new customers has eased. New obstacles arose in their place with increasing difficulty. Due to increased customer reach the amount of competition has increased exponentially in response.
So while you may be able to reach a larger number of people, many other businesses also have that reach. This can make it extremely difficult to stand out in the crowd. Even more difficult to turn a profit and stay in business.
Every small business needs a professional website to compete in 2019.
At this point in our lives, a website is as much as a staple as the sign out front. It’s not only a right of passage, but it is also expected as a given by consumers. The opportunities your website could provide are limitless. Websites are normally thought of as an internet marketing sales brochure. When in reality, it should be thought of as the backbone of your business. A 24-hour sales machine on steroids.
Your website can automate almost all of your business related tasks.
- Lead Generation: Easily reach new customers and generate new leads with your website via search engines, social media and/or pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
- Customer Acquisition: Having a website allows the customer to research you at their convenience. If your website is designed properly with an effective sales funnel it will do all of the heavy liftings for you. Your leads will be delivered to your email via a form on your website.
- Email Marketing: Perhaps the most valuable part of a website is the ability to create, manage and grow an email list. Your email list is your most valuable asset. Gathering email addresses allow you to continuously market to people that have shown interest in your brand.
- Retargeting: You website can be set up to retarget customers that have visited you via social media, search or paid advertising. The website software will retarget the customer in several different ways; browser messages, social media ads just to name a couple.
When considering a professional website design for your small business the primary concern is cost
The immediate secondary concern should be, “what will it cost me if I DON’T have a website?” The obvious answers to this questions is:
- Credibility: Businesses without a website lack of credibility and annoy customers.
- Transparency: Consumers want to be able to see what they’re getting before they get it. They want to be able to gather as much information as possible so they can make an informed decision. Your website can speak volumes to a customer long before you know you’re even being considered.
- Efficiency: Your website is far more efficient than your sales team will ever be. A professional website design can automate nearly the entire sales process from start to finish.
- Trust: Customers expect to see a professional website design when they look you up. If you do not have a website at all, customers will simply go to the next company on the list. THAT HAS A WEBSITE!
The First Impression Is A Lasting One…
Your website will almost always be your customer’s first impression of your business. The money that you will save creating a free website design will pale in comparison to the money you could have gained with a professional website. Customers spend a lot of time on the internet. They are acutely aware of what a professional website should look and feel like. Without proper experience and expertise, your website will lack professionalism. The design will be elementary and the features of the site will be minimal at best. This is where search engine optimization (SEO) comes into play. The primary goal of SEO is to provide a better user experience. Properly optimizing for SEO does not only increases your search rankings. Perhaps more importantly, it will improve the user experience at the same time.
Anything worth doing is worth doing right
I would be lying if I said a lot of businesses did not try to build their own website. However, when they finish and publish the site they quickly learn why professional website design is important. They sit back and wait for the customers to pour in. But to their frustration, they never do.
At best they pick up one or two customers a day visiting their website. This is because they never considered how they are going to drive traffic. The success stories of people are all over the internet have inspired businesses to create a site. But what one needs to realize, is that building a website for your small business involves a lot of technical knowledge, designing and planning.
Free Websites VS Professional Website Design
Professional web design and development for businesses can be expensive. However, more important than the price is the return on investment. A professionally designed website can cost anywhere from $1,000-$10,000 depending on your needs, wants and requirements. A comparison I often make to my clients – How much would you be willing to pay for a large sign or billboard for your business? Either of which could easily cost you upwards of $1,000. Website design will reach many more people and last far longer.
I would be remiss if i didn’t mention there are plenty of free options available to create and design a website for free. Keeping in mind that in doing so, you will get exactly what you pay for. If you’re not a professional web designer it will show in the finished product. Most potential customers are going to look at your website design to research your product/service and assess your business “value”. Customers are won or lost at this stage. Thus arguably making your website the most crucial aspect of your business.
If baffles me that websites are still thought of as an “online brochure”. That thought needs to change immediately. If your website is just a brochure, you’re doing it wrong. When done properly, your website design for your business is 24 hours a day sales team. Capable of far more than you’re probably aware. With endless automation and coding options, your online presence can and should be the backbone of your business.
WEBSITE DESIGN QUALITY & ATTENTION TO DETAIL
Having a website on the internet is just a small piece of the battle. Getting traffic to your website would be considered the war. Being ranked on the first page of Google Search can yield 35% of the clicks on any given topic. Knowing this, Google and search engines take a large number of factors in consideration when ranking businesses on their search results page (SERP). Many of these factors are directly linked to the design and structure of your website. Some of the key factors that cause websites to rank low on Google search are:
- Page Speed – Slow Loading websites
- Website not mobile friendly
- Website Not Indexed Properly with Google – If the site is not indexed properly it is essentially invisible to search engines.
- Content Not Optimized – Web Pages should be carefully constructed around “keywords” that you’re targeting. This will increase the likelihood of your page ranking higher.
- Thin Content – Not enough content on each page
- Website Security
- Errors on Page – Broken Links etc
- Technical On Page SEO
It is important to understand that when it comes to Website design, you are going to get what you pay for. Successful website design involves extensive planning and technical knowledge. Successful websites don’t happen by accident. They adhere to a general formula all having several things in common:
- The website must be attractive and compelling to the user
- Adequate page speed
- Mobile Friendly – responsive on all devices
- Content optimized around keywords
- Your site should be informative on your topic – providing crucial information to the customer without overwhelming them with irrelevant details
- Search engine optimization to help a website rank in google search
- Proper marketing and advertising of your content or product/service to drive traffic to your website
A successful website must have the following qualities:
- The website must be visually attractive
- The website must be easy to navigate
- The website must provide all the crucial information to the customer – Someone that has never met or heard of you should be able to tell you what your business is about after viewing your website for 5 seconds.
- The website must be properly optimized for SEO – Properly implementing SEO (search engine optimization) will increase ranking in Google Search
- The website must be properly advertised
- The website must have all critical elements – Calls to action above the fold, Internal Linking, Proper URL Structure and much more…..
Search Engine Optimization
Optimizing your website to rank in google search will increase the volume of relevant traffic you receive on a daily basis. Customers using Google search engines have a much higher rate of conversion due to higher commercial intent. They are looking to solve a problem right now.
Your website and internet marketing use inbound marketing to attract customers. Inbound marketing is much more effective than outbound marketing or cold calling for obvious reasons. You’re receiving extremely hyper-targeted relevant traffic directly to your sales funnel. In addition, these customers will arrive at your site at the exact moment they are in need or your product/service. That’s when the magic happens.
Creating and maintaining a professional website for your small business can be a daunting task.
Meeting just a few of these requirements is not nearly enough to have a successful website with adequate traffic. To have a successful website for your small business you must properly implement all aspects of website design and search engine optimization to be able to compete with other websites.
It is important to remember that customers have unlimited options at their fingertips. Your Competitors are just a click away. That being said, your business will have an exponentially better chance of success if it has an online presence you can be proud of. A business with a website has these advantages:
- Increased credibility and trust with customers
- A wider reach to the customers
- Ability to significantly lower advertising costs
- Ability to hyper-target customers
- It will help showcase your impressive portfolio
- Customer Behavior Tracking & Analytics
- Showcase Excellent customer satisfaction/Reviews
- Enables interaction with prospective customers
- Automation of sales process
It should be painfully obvious at this point how important it is to have a professional website design for your small business. However, it’s not only the benefits of having a website that needs to be considered. You must also take into consideration the liability associated with not having a professional website.
As with all business decisions, it is equally important to calculate the cost of both action and inaction. It is often believed that doing nothing can cause no harm. On the contrary, lying stagnant can be much more dangerous to your business than calculated risk or long term investment.
Customer Analysis and Conversion Tracking.
The creation of a professional website for your small business will also allow the customer and conversion tracking. Once your website is up and running, Google offers a variety of FREE software that will both track and analyze nearly every aspect of your customer’s data. This data is invaluable in making informed decisions in real time.
Proper use and implementation of these free tools will provide valuable insight into your customers and their behavior. You’ll be able to analyze every step of your sales funnel to determine where customers are dropping off. Exactly how customers engage with your website and which pages are most popular.
It would be impossible to list all of the data analysis possibilities with the google tools listed above. Some of the data you’ll have at your fingertips includes but is not limited to:
- Traffic: How much Traffic you get daily/weekly/monthly.
- Source: Where your traffic comes from. Social Media, Organic Search, Paid Ads, etc.
- Audience: Vast array of audience-related metrics. Gender, Age, What Browser they use, What device they use, etc.
- Geolocation: Exactly where your traffic lives or is viewing from. City, state, country, etc
- Behavior: What are your customers doing on your site? How long do they stay? How many pages do they view per visit? How long are they on each page? Which pages are most popular?
- Bounce Rate: How many visitors visit your site and leave before interacting with your page?
- Conversion Rate: Arguably the most important metric. A conversion rate is an average of how many people visit your site divided by how many take the action you want them to take. Whether that be filling out a form, calling you or sending you an email. All conversions can be tracked via googles free software.
This is literally a small fraction of what can be done with Googles free Tools. The level of analysis that is possible is mind-blowing. Frankly, I’m still amazed on a daily basis at what is possible with these tools. Strategically implementing and combining these tools, along with others, will dramatically increase productivity.
Not only will you have analytics regarding their behavior. You’ll be able to track every move they make on your website. More importantly, you’ll have the why?
This is extremely powerful in refining your sales funnel to ensure customers have a positive experience. Even more significantly, making sure they convert. Whether that be: buying a product, subscribing your email list or calling your business.
Priceless Data At Your Fingertips.
It’s easy to see how valuable this information can be. It’s also worth noting that without a website it is nearly impossible to get all of this data elsewhere. If somehow you’re able to piece it all together it would cost you a fortune. Google supplies all of these tools free of charge to all users.
The amount of data that is at your fingertips simply cannot be matched. Being able to analyze your customers in real time is worth the cost of a website alone. Understanding your customer’s behavior, how you get them and why they do what they do will allow you to make proactive decisions that will increase your profits year over year.
I could write an entire blog post about the benefits of the free Google tools listed above. In fact, I probably will in the near future. It’s tough to minimize how big of a part they play in my everyday business. That being said, they are not the easiest tools in the world to use and understand. If I’m being honest, using these tools properly is as much of a skill in itself as web design or SEO.
You will need to be tech-savvy to implement an effective internet marketing strategy on your own.
While having a website can significantly increase the traffic to your business and your bottom line. Simply having a website is not nearly enough. A poorly designed website with poor structure and broken links, can do more harm than good. Like everything else in life, the devil is in the details.
Website design can be overwhelming especially to beginners. Effective website design requires advanced knowledge in several technical areas. In my experience, aside from tech-related industries, the average business owner isn’t tech savvy. As a result, they either don’t understand the value a website can bring or are intimidated by the process and potential price so just avoid it altogether.
It’s true, designing and developing a professional website for your small business can be extremely difficult and time-consuming. In fact, when all is said and done, business owners can end up spending more time and money trying to do it themselves than if they hired a professional website design agency. Especially given the fact that the website they build will be minimal at best. Lacking critical elements to success. Such as SEO and proper indexing.
Time is your most valuable resource. Not Money.
There is no greater tragedy than wasted time. Proper time management as a business owner is the most important skill available. If you have any experience running a business than you probably know there just aren’t enough hours in the day. You probably also know that delegating responsibility to team members that possess the highest level of skill in that domain is also crucial. A professional website is no different. While you are tinkering with the website, your concentration on the business will slip. Maintaining a balance between your business and website is almost impossible unless until you are an expert in both fields.
You Will Either Invest A Lot Of Time Or Money….
Early on in business, you learn quickly that each problem you encounter will involve an investment of either a lot of time or money. Hiring a professional website design agency like Attention To Detail Marketing will save you both.
We provide the best Website design and development services available for small business and it’s not even close. Offering stress-free website design to small business and local business owners. We’ve eliminated every obstacle between you and the professional website design you deserve. When partnering with Attention To Detail Marketing you’ll enjoy the Attention To Detail Guarantee.
Make An Executive Decision. Hire A Pro!
Hiring an experienced website design agency like Attention To Detail Marketing will pay dividends. The time, therefore money you’ll save having our professional design team build your site will enable you to focus on what matters most. Running your business.
Enjoy the peace of mind knowing your professional internet marketing agency is aggressively managing your online presence. We provide the essential services needed for a professional website to flourish:
- Professional Domain Name: We will provide you with a custom domain name of your choosing. Pending domain name availability. If you already have a domain name we can transfer the domain to your new website free of charge.
- Web Hosting: Every website needs Web Hosting. Your web hosting is the place where your website lives on the internet. This is where all of your files are stored etc. ATD Marketing Provides FREE Hosting for 1 year with all of our websites.
- Professional Email Hosting: You will receive professional email hosting with your website. Have up to 5 professional email addresses free of charge.
- SSL Certificate: The main priority of internet marketing is security. Attention to Detail Marketing ensures that all websites we design and manage are 100% for both you and the customer.
- Focused on SEO: Optimizing your website and it’s content to target your most valuable keywords is vital to be seen in search results. Our websites are designed with an acute focus on SEO.
You’ll Hit The Ground Running With A fully Responsive Wordpress Website. Ready To Go! Fully Functional On All Devices. Tested For Quality Assurance Prior To Launch.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee – If You Don’t Succeed We’ve Failed!
We assist businesses in realizing their full potential through advanced internet marketing techniques. We have proudly serviced small businesses throughout Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. We prefer to work with a small number of clients. In doing so, we are able to ensure our undivided attention to phenomenal results.
Our success in internet marketing and website design has been primarily because of our attention to detail. We are a small business ourselves. We understand the value of communication and customer service. We truly go above and beyond to ensure our clients are satisfied. Regardless of whether you decide to hire an internet marketing agency or do it yourself. Be sure that you’re not overlooking key details that may cost your dearly in the end:
- Ensure your website is mobile friendly and fully responsive on all devices.
- Focus on SEO when planning and designing your website. This will help to increase visibility.
- Ensure that you’ve set up & configured Google Analytics, Search Console and other tracking software properly so you can analyze and adapt to your traffic.
- Properly install and implement Google Tag Manager so you can effectively track what your customers are doing on your website and adjust accordingly.
- Make sure your website is properly indexed with all major search engines. Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- Make sure your website has an adequate level of safety for both your and the users.
Attention To Detail Marketing is an Internet Marketing Agency specializing in internet marketing, website design & SEO for small business. We have helped dozens of small business increase their visibility and profits through internet marketing. In helping a small business reach their full potential, we provide:
If you have questions comments or concerns, contact Attention To Detail Marketing & Consulting at your convenience to receive a FREE Consultation. We look forward to increasing your visibility and dominating your local niche